SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (NEXSTAR) – A Northern California woman has been arrested for felony vandalism after she allegedly licked and handled numerous items at a grocery store in South Lake Tahoe.
Police arrested 53-year-old Jennifer Walker, of South Lake Tahoe, Wednesday after a Safeway store employee called to report a woman “licking groceries,” according to a news release.
The employee told officers that Walker also put “numerous pieces of jewelry” from the store on her hands before licking it. Walker allegedly loaded her cart with store items that she “had no means to purchase,” police said.
The calculated total value of the goods, which now can’t be sold, was $1,800.
Police booked Walker at the El Dorado County jail.
- Pell City’s ban on Tianeptine inspiring other communities
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- How eligible people in Jefferson County area can sign up for COVID vaccine