Senator Doug Jones (D-Ala.) joined Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo, Director of UAB’s Division of Infectious Diseases to host his weekly Facebook Live press conference to share updates about the COVID-19 crisis in Alabama and other news of the day.
According to the Alabama Department of Public Health, there are 31,624 confirmed cases in the state and 879 coronavirus-related deaths.
Health officials say 2,567 people are being treated for the virus in hospitals around the state. Also, 18,866 recoveries have been reported and so far 358,319 tests have been completed.
- Health officials urge Ivey to extend Alabama’s mask order
- The current State Health Order ends Friday. Here’s where Alabama stands in the fight against COVID-19
- ‘Just move on’: Republicans grapple with post-Trump future
- President Biden rolls back Trump policies on wall, climate, health, Muslims
- 2 children taken from NY foster home found in Alabama