BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — On Tuesday, Sen. Doug Jones was joined by Alabama Hospital Association President Dr. Don Williamson during a virtual press conference to share updates about the COVID-19 crisis in Alabama and other news of the day.
According to the Alabama Department of Public Health, there are 56,441 confirmed coronavirus cases that have been reported across the state. Health experts say there are 1,136 reported coronavirus-related deaths in Alabama at this time. Additionally, 7,123 people have been hospitalized and treated for the virus in Alabama since the pandemic began in late March.
As of Tuesday morning, 528,275 tests have been completed.
For more information, visit the Alabama Department of Public Health website.
- Pair arrested after missing person found dismembered in lake at California golf course
- Gearing up For Dollywood’s Harvest Festival
- Books for Bama and Auburn fans celebrate healthy competition
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- Hollywood studios and unions get back to work with new protocols in place