DALLAS (NEXSTAR) — Walmart announced Saturday its retail stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice. The temporary operating hours begin Sunday, March 15.
The retail giant says this will “help ensure associates are able to stock the products our customers are looking for and to perform cleaning and sanitizing.”
Stores currently operating under more reduced hours will keep their current hours of operation, according to a news release from the company.
Walmart said that associates will continue to work the hours and shifts they are currently scheduled for, and the supply chain and trucking fleet will also continue to make deliveries at a regular schedule.
Earlier in the day, retailers like HEB and Kroger announced a reduction in hours to allow time for cleaning and restocking.
- It’s a keeper: Caeleb Dressel wins Olympic gold on his own
- Photographer rises to occasion at spectator-less Olympics in Tokyo
- Simone Biles makes mental health the talk of the Tokyo Games
- MSDH orders hospitals to delay elective procedures due to increase in COVID-19 cases
- Georgia trucker faces prison for smuggling 117 migrants near Texas border