TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Students in Tuscaloosa who have tested positive for COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and county, which may have led to an increase in cases, according to the Tuscaloosa fire chief.
In a City Council meeting Tuesday, Chief Randy Smith said that the department has seen a lot more parties in the past few weeks where people with known positive tests still attended.
“We thought that was kind of a rumor at first, we did some additional research and not only did the doctor’s offices help confirm it but the state also had the same information,” Smith said.
No other information has been released at this time.
You can watch the City Council meeting below. Chief Smith begins discussing the parties at 18:04.
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire
- Fire erupts at Lake Tuscaloosa, marine patrol boat sinks while towing ski boat
- 10-time Langley Speedway champion Shawn Balluzzo dies following crash
- Council President considers need for additional testing at Legion Field
- National Eat Your Jell-O Day Sunday, July 12