July 18, 2020
The Bright Star restaurant temporarily closed its doors after an employee tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
After taking the necessary precautions and deep cleaning throughout the restaurant, they are deciding to reopen The Bright Star Sunday, July 19.
BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — After a team member at The Bright Star tested positive for COVID-19, the restaurant announced Sunday it would temporarily close its doors.
The restaurant made a Facebook post saying, “out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health and well-being of our guests and staff, we will be closing for a deep cleaning and sanitation of the restaurant as well as further testing of our staff.”
At this time, the reopening date for The Bright Star is yet to be announced. Keep up with the restaurant through their Facebook.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured