PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama said two city workers were arrested after they were caught playing a pickup basketball game at a city-owned facility.
Tjai Deion Bryant and Quadarius Devonte Woods were arrested Thursday and both charged with a Class C misdemeanor after violating the state’s stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Phenix City police said Woods and Bryant were both employees of the city’s recreation center. Police said the pair went to the track to perform calisthenics, but rain drove them inside where they played a pickup basketball game.
Police said the game violated guidelines prohibiting sports interaction with another person closer than six feet. It’s unclear whether the men have attorneys.
- Man spends hours yelling for help after vehicle plunges over cliff on mountain pass
- WATCH: UAB doctor on how smoking affects those with COVID-19
- Caught on camera: Workers damage family’s new fridge during delivery
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- Fultondale baseball team prepares for home opener at Regions Field