PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama said two city workers were arrested after they were caught playing a pickup basketball game at a city-owned facility.
Tjai Deion Bryant and Quadarius Devonte Woods were arrested Thursday and both charged with a Class C misdemeanor after violating the state’s stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Phenix City police said Woods and Bryant were both employees of the city’s recreation center. Police said the pair went to the track to perform calisthenics, but rain drove them inside where they played a pickup basketball game.
Police said the game violated guidelines prohibiting sports interaction with another person closer than six feet. It’s unclear whether the men have attorneys.
- Bessemer shootings continue Tuesday evening
- Absentee Voting generating long wait times in Jefferson County
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.