COLUMBIANA, Ala. (WIAT) — A person who “spent time” at a Regions bank in Columbiana has tested positive for COVID-19, leading the bank to temporarily close and disinfect.
According to Regions, the person spent enough time in the facility to warrant a temporary closure.
The bank will reopen after the cleaning is completed and is expected to open April 1 for drive-thru service only.
The branch will be staffed by associates from other Regions sites as those employees who came into contact with the infected person have been placed on a two-week paid quarantine leave of absence.
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate from North Alabama
- 7 ADOC employees test positive for COVID-19 in latest update
- Hale County courthouse closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- 2 teens arrested in attempted burglary of gun store