OAK MOUNTAIN, Ala. (WIAT) — A student in Shelby County has contracted the coronavirus (COVID-19), according a letter from the school system superintendent.
Shelby County Schools Superintendent Lewis Brooks sent an email to parents of Oak Mountain students Monday afternoon, saying a parent had told them their child tested positive for the coronavirus.
Read Superintendent Lewis Brooks’ email in its entirety below:
- Gadsden residents voice concerns over animal rendering plant plans
- No emergency warming shelters in Calhoun County, hotel vouchers offered to those in need
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway
- California could run out of ICU beds by Christmas due to COVID-19, officials say
- Authorities searching for missing Walker Co. woman