OAK MOUNTAIN, Ala. (WIAT) — A student in Shelby County has contracted the coronavirus (COVID-19), according a letter from the school system superintendent.
Shelby County Schools Superintendent Lewis Brooks sent an email to parents of Oak Mountain students Monday afternoon, saying a parent had told them their child tested positive for the coronavirus.
Read Superintendent Lewis Brooks’ email in its entirety below:
- Heat Advisory continues today, but scattered thunderstorms will bring us some relief in the afternoon
- ‘It can be done by anybody’: Examining the art of origami
- Fairfield students, families prepare to head back to school
- 2 dead following reported domestic incident in Piedmont
- Power lines, poles down in Brookside following Saturday storms