(WIAT) — The U.S. military is seeing a spike in COVID-19 cases. The number of confirmed infections in July grew by about 4,000.
Since last Wednesday, cases jumped by nearly 1,700, according to a defense official.
Pentagon officials say there are currently more than 10,000 COVID-19 cases in the military, including forces in the U.S. and overseas.
Three service members have died from the virus. Officials say the increase in military cases stems from the rise of outbreaks in civilian communities.
- Helena Police Chief Pete Folmar announces retirement
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
- CBS 42 Is United For United Way
- Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Newfeed Now: Remembering RBG; Major flooding in Texas