CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- Cows take over neighborhood
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting