BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — University of Alabama (UAB) held a briefing at 2 p.m. Wednesday on the current state of COVID-19 with Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo, director of UAB’s Division of Infectious Diseases.
Dr. Marrazzo commented on the coronavirus’ status in the state, including Alabama’s spread and confirmation rates. She also discussed the importance of social distancing and why measures implemented on a statewide level can help curb the spread of the virus.
Dr. Marrazzo is unable to comment on UAB Hospital Operations as she is not a member of the Emergency Management Committee.
- Running for change in Vestavia Hills
- BPD investigating homicide after person found unresponsive on Jefferson Avenue
- Man accused of stabbing, pepper-spraying Louisiana Walmart employees
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- JSU employee tests positive for COVID-19, 3 others exposed