BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — University of Alabama (UAB) held a briefing at 2 p.m. Wednesday on the current state of COVID-19 with Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo, director of UAB’s Division of Infectious Diseases.
Dr. Marrazzo commented on the coronavirus’ status in the state, including Alabama’s spread and confirmation rates. She also discussed the importance of social distancing and why measures implemented on a statewide level can help curb the spread of the virus.
Dr. Marrazzo is unable to comment on UAB Hospital Operations as she is not a member of the Emergency Management Committee.
- Alabama farmer hopes to expand opportunities for others through United Soybean Board appointment
- President-elect Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog, doctor says
- BLM confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Local warming shelters to open as temperatures drop below freezing
- 1 suspect in custody in police chase that caused BPD cruiser accident