LEEDS, Ala. (WIAT) – The Leeds Waffle House has temporarily shut its doors amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Employees at Leeds Waffle House have told the public the temporary closure is due to low customer volume. Since Governor Kay Ivey declared a state of emergency March 13, many restaurants have moved to pickup and curbside only. Dining in restaurants is prohibited at this time.
However, the Moody Waffle House location is open less than a mile away from the Leeds location. The breakfast restaurant is doing pickup orders only.
The Leeds Waffle House is not the only restaurant to temporarily close at this time. Across central Alabama, many restaurants have closed its doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Millions of cicadas set to emerge after 17 years
- 15% of Americans worse off a year into pandemic, poll finds
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property
- Hissing gator invades Florida woman’s kitchen