LAKEVIEW, Ala. (WIAT) — A Lakeview firefighter has been exposed to the novel coronavirus and has been self-isolating since.
According to the Lakeview Fire District, the firefighter was exposed to the virus while off duty and is now quarantining while their symptoms are being monitored.
LFD says that they have thoroughly cleaned all the equipment used by the firefighter since their diagnosis.
LFD has closed their business office to ensure the least amount of contact possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. This will not impact their ability to service the community in case of an emergency, they say.
- Local warming shelters to open as temperatures drop below freezing
- 1 suspect in custody in police chase that caused BPD cruiser accident
- 1 killed, 1 injured in vehicle accident in east Birmingham
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Birmingham church burglary suspect arrested