LAKEVIEW, Ala. (WIAT) — A Lakeview firefighter has been exposed to the novel coronavirus and has been self-isolating since.
According to the Lakeview Fire District, the firefighter was exposed to the virus while off duty and is now quarantining while their symptoms are being monitored.
LFD says that they have thoroughly cleaned all the equipment used by the firefighter since their diagnosis.
LFD has closed their business office to ensure the least amount of contact possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. This will not impact their ability to service the community in case of an emergency, they say.
- Alice Marie Johnson returns to Birmingham, has a message for everyone: “I bring a message of healing”
- Candace Owens starts ‘GoFundMe’ account for Birmingham bar owner
- 1 person dead after shots are fired on 1st Ave. North, homicide investigation underway
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’