JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Due to the fear of possibly spreading the coronavirus further, Jefferson County Schools have decided to stop their meal service immediately.
In a statement from the school district, JCS says that is was “a difficult decision to make, but we have to consider the health and safety of all those involved.”
Meals will not be handed out at any JCS school starting Friday.
The school district ended the statement by encouraging everyone to continue to practice social distancing.
- Alice Marie Johnson returns to Birmingham, has a message for everyone: “I bring a message of healing”
- Candace Owens starts ‘GoFundMe’ account for Birmingham bar owner
- 1 person dead after shots are fired on 1st Ave. North, homicide investigation underway
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’