JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Due to the fear of possibly spreading the coronavirus further, Jefferson County Schools have decided to stop their meal service immediately.
In a statement from the school district, JCS says that is was “a difficult decision to make, but we have to consider the health and safety of all those involved.”
Meals will not be handed out at any JCS school starting Friday.
The school district ended the statement by encouraging everyone to continue to practice social distancing.
- Local warming shelters to open as temperatures drop below freezing
- 1 suspect in custody in police chase that caused BPD cruiser accident
- 1 killed, 1 injured in vehicle accident in east Birmingham
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Birmingham church burglary suspect arrested