JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — While Alabamians are currently dealing with the coronavirus threat, severe weather this weekend poses another one.
Despite orders to practice social distancing, the Jefferson County Department of Health (JCDH) is advising citizens that their physical safety comes first and should seek shelter in case the weather becomes too severe.
“Severe weather is expected on Sunday, April 12, 2020. The first concern of Jefferson County residents should be their physical safety. Do not let the fear of COVID-19 keep you from seeking shelter during a dangerous weather event,” a tweet from JCDH read.
JCDH is also recommending that if you do seek shelter outside of your home, that you wear a cloth face covering.
- Les Miles, Kansas agree to ‘mutual’ split after LSU report on sexual complaints
- Birmingham realtor in need of life-saving bone marrow transplant
- Josh Jacobs’ case closed; DIU charges dropped against Raiders RB
- Judge orders Arizona man who wore horns in Capitol riot to stay in jail
- Jefferson County neighbors complain about sludge being applied to land near homes, river