(NEWS10) — The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have created a new tool to allow non-filers to register for Economic Impact Payments for those who do not usually file a tax return.
The non-filer tool, developed in partnership between the IRS and the Free File Alliance, provides a free and easy option designed for people who don’t have a return filing obligation, including those with too little income to file. The feature is available only on IRS.gov, and users should look for Non-filers: Enter Payment Info Here to take them directly to the tool.
- American support for same-sex marriage is higher than ever, study finds
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- TS Zeta Forms, Approaching the Gulf; Impacts Expected Wed/Thurs
- ‘Everything was on fire,’ witnesses describe moments after Foley plane crash
- Bessemer PD searching for suspect in Sunday morning homicide