(NEWS10) — The Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have created a new tool to allow non-filers to register for Economic Impact Payments for those who do not usually file a tax return.
The non-filer tool, developed in partnership between the IRS and the Free File Alliance, provides a free and easy option designed for people who don’t have a return filing obligation, including those with too little income to file. The feature is available only on IRS.gov, and users should look for Non-filers: Enter Payment Info Here to take them directly to the tool.
- Man spends hours yelling for help after vehicle plunges over cliff on mountain pass
- WATCH: UAB doctor on how smoking affects those with COVID-19
- Caught on camera: Workers damage family’s new fridge during delivery
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- Fultondale baseball team prepares for home opener at Regions Field