(AP) — IndyCar’s second virtual race has been picked up by NBC Sports Network after the inaugural event drew 600,000 viewers to various online streams.
The race from virtual Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama will be aired Saturday and called by NBC’s booth of Leigh Diffey, Townsend Bell and Paul Tracy.
NASCAR has twice set the esports record for viewers, with more than 1 million tuning into its virtual race last week aired on various Fox Sports platforms.
- 53 Tuscaloosa firefighters off duty due to testing positive, being exposed to COVID-19
- 1 injured in shooting on Highway 75 near church
- State superintendent says he can’t force schools to return to in-person learning
- ‘Pay-what-you-can’ restaurant celebrates 1 year in business
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear