BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Dr. Anthony Fauci is getting his own bobblehead, and part of the profits will go towards the American Hospital Association to support the 100 Million Masks Challenge.
The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum unveiled the bobblehead Thursday morning. In a press release sent to CBS 42, the bobblehead is meant to honor Fauci for being a “voice of reason as one of the lead members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force.”
Fauci has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984 and has played a key role in helping America fight off the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you’re wanting to pre-order the Dr. Fauci bobblehead, you can go to the store page here. The collectible costs $25, with $5 from each sale going to the 100 Million Masks Challenge. This challenge’s focus is set on providing healthcare workers across the nation with personal protective equipment so that they can do their jobs while keeping everyone around them safe.
Are your heads just rolling at the opportunity to pick up your own Dr. Fauci bobblehead? Let me know on Twitter: @NickErebia.
- Clanton mayor Billy Joe Driver diagnosed with COVID-19
- LIVE: Family says human remains found in Texas are missing soldier
- COVID-19 event cancellations cause Alabama, Lyric theaters to look for other ways to keep the lights on
- CBS 42 Cares: Your Source of Information for Local Organizations and Events in Central Alabama That You Can Support
- WATCH: Senator Doug Jones, Montgomery Mayor Reed to provide updates about COVID-19 crisis