NASHVILLE, Tenn. (NEXSTAR) – Dolly Parton announced on social media Wednesday that she is donating $1 million to Vanderbilt for research on a cure for the coronavirus.
According to her tweets and an Instagram post, Parton’s longtime friend, Dr. Naji Abumrad, has informed her they are making advancements on research for a cure at Vanderbilt.
The singer also encouraged anyone who can afford it to make donations.
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
- These states have the highest COVID-19 death rates this week
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- Central AL Forecast: Cold, Cloudy tomorrow; Rainy Friday morning
- UAB and Middle Tennessee football game canceled due to COVID-19