BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Cahaba Medical Care will conduct a drive-thru testing site at the Bessemer Civic Center on Wednesday, April 8.
The testing site will recur each Wednesday following April 8. At this time, Cahaba Medical Care has a limited supply of COVID-19 tests available for patients who are exhibiting symptoms and meet the following test criteria:
- Symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath
- Employer mandate
- Significant exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have issued guidelines that Cahaba Medical Care not test individuals who are simply requesting a test and do not meet the testing criteria.
In order to be tested, patients must pre-register online. Patients will be assigned a time slot to come to the drive-thru for their test and sent an email with information about how to complete the pre-registration process ahead of their appointment.
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
- After Floyd’s death, black lawmakers call for federal antilynching law
- 2 men, 1 of them naked, arrested after being caught in a home with two juveniles
- Elderly woman killed in Oxford house fire, 2 others injured
- Dems scrap vote on FISA bill after Trump threatens veto