IRONDALE, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Department of Public Health reported a positive case of the novel COVID-19 (coronavirus) case at Irondale Community School.
Jefferson County Schools sent out a letter to parents, faculty and staff at the school to inform them that students and employees at the school may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
At this time it is unkown when or where the individual contracted coronavirus, but the school system is investigating and in communication with the health department and other agencies. The last day for classes was Friday, March 13, Jefferson County Schools reports.
Each facility within the school will be professionally deep cleaned before reopening, the letter states.
- Stimulus checks: Would a $1,500 payment make you more likely to get a COVID vaccine?
- Georgia runoff elections get attention from current, former White House residents
- Direct restaurant relief excluded from latest stimulus bill
- Stimulus check update: Pelosi says there is ‘momentum’ toward COVID-19 relief
- Biggest sticking points in COVID-19 relief compromise in Congress