MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — More than 5,000 medical masks that Montgomery County received from the national stockpile were rotted.
Emergency management director Christi Thornton says the shipment of 5,880 procedure masks received last week were unusable because of dry rot. The county received a replacement shipment Wednesday.
Alabama has more than 1,200 confirmed cases of coronavirus. Alabama Sen. Doug Jones said Thursday he believes the state should issue a statewide stay-home order, as other states have done, to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Alabama State Canvassing Board certifies 2020 general election results
- Tuscaloosa Riverwalk’s ‘Tinsel Trail’ opens for the holidays
- WATCH LIVE: Saban talks to media before Iron Bowl
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- Missouri health official steps down after her family threatened over coronavirus measures