CALERA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Calera Police Department has been notified that one of its officers has tested positive for the coronavirus and is now being quarantined.
The officer tested positive on Sunday and all employees who had worked with them have been tested and are awaiting the results. The employees will be in quarantine as well during this time.
Family members as well as citizens who have come in contact with the officer have been notified by Calera PD.
Calera PD says that buildings, the jail and all vehicles were cleaned and disinfected following the positive test. The department also says all employees will have their temperatures checked before they start their shifts.
- Excitement builds for NFL Draft as stage takes shape in downtown Cleveland
- Millions of cicadas set to emerge after 17 years
- 15% of Americans worse off a year into pandemic, poll finds
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property