BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Out of a concern for veterans in the area, the Birmingham Veterans Affairs Health Care System is offering virtual resources in a move to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Dr. Oladipo Kukoyi, chief of staff for the medical center, joined CBS 42’s Art Franklin to talk about how the VA has seen an onslaught of coronavirus patients and how they are trying to reach the people who need help the most.
Watch the video above for more information on the resources the center is providing to patients.
- US jobless claims decline to a still-high 900,000
- Can COVID-19 vaccines be mixed and matched?
- ‘I’ll kill them all’: Florida deputy accused of threatening feds at US Capitol
- Fauci says US will remain WHO member, join global coronavirus vaccine program
- Health officials urge Ivey to extend Alabama’s mask order