BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) has announced they will be suspending their season until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic.
This suspension includes the Birmingham Bulls, who currently sit at 17-23-6 on the season.
The Bulls released a statement saying that it is in the best interest of the fans, players, team personnel and arena staff.
The SPHL says they will continue to monitor developments over the weekend and provide an update on what will happen to the rest of the season.
- Ned Beatty, indelible in ‘Deliverance,’ ‘Network’ dies at 83
- EXPLAINER: Who is Naftali Bennett, Israel’s new leader?
- Southern Baptists meet amid controversy over leaked letters
- Judge tosses hospital workers’ vaccine requirement challenge
- ‘Hero’ still missing after trying to save drowning father, toddler swept out by current in Florida