CHILTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — All Chilton County Schools’ facilities will be closed for the week after a reported COVID-19 outbreak.
In a Facebook post from Isabella High School, CCS Superintendent Jason Griffin released a statement on the decision to close the schools, referencing an outbreak of the virus.
The facilities will be closed until July 20. During this time, employees will be paid as normal, according to the post.
All athletic workouts have also been canceled for the week. The school will be sanitized “as necessary” once the facilities reopen.
All CCS board meetings that were scheduled for July 21 have also been canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Books for Bama and Auburn fans celebrate healthy competition
- Snake lands on Mississippi woman as she opens her front door
- Hollywood studios and unions get back to work with new protocols in place
- Late-stage study of first single-shot vaccine begins in US
- Fire damages several businesses in Birmingham Wednesday morning