MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — An administrative employee in the Alabama State Department of Education has tested positive for coronavirus, the department confirmed to CBS 42 Tuesday.
Department officials were notified of the case Monday night. The person, who has not been named, works on the fifth floor where the administrative staff is located. According to the department, that person is not Superintendent Eric Mackey.
The department is now closed for cleaning.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Alice Marie Johnson returns to Birmingham, has a message for everyone: “I bring a message of healing”
- Candace Owens starts ‘GoFundMe’ account for Birmingham bar owner
- 1 person dead after shots are fired on 1st Ave. North, homicide investigation underway
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Trump mistakenly says Tijuana is ‘most infected city in the world’