(WIAT & CNN) — If you are bored or stressed by the coronavirus outbreak, experts from the American Lung Association say don’t use marijuana to relax.
According to health experts, it increases your risk of experiencing complications from COVID-19. Dr. Albert Rizzo, chief medical officer for the American Lung Association, said the virus affects breathing and so does smoking marijuana. He said the use of the drug causes inflammation, which is kind of like bronchitis, and if you get COVID-19 on top of that, it could be a major problem.
The American Lung Association says even occasional marijuana smoothing could cause issues. Health experts say it could confuse doctors who try to diagnose you.
For more information visit their website here.
- Bessemer shootings continue Tuesday evening
- Absentee Voting generating long wait times in Jefferson County
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.