(WIAT & CNN) — If you are bored or stressed by the coronavirus outbreak, experts from the American Lung Association say don’t use marijuana to relax.
According to health experts, it increases your risk of experiencing complications from COVID-19. Dr. Albert Rizzo, chief medical officer for the American Lung Association, said the virus affects breathing and so does smoking marijuana. He said the use of the drug causes inflammation, which is kind of like bronchitis, and if you get COVID-19 on top of that, it could be a major problem.
The American Lung Association says even occasional marijuana smoothing could cause issues. Health experts say it could confuse doctors who try to diagnose you.
For more information visit their website here.
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- Fultondale baseball team prepares for home opener at Regions Field
- 18-wheeler crashes into Leeds gas station
- UAB clinical trial starting to treat ‘brain fog’ in COVID-19 patients
- ‘I cried in my car for an hour’: Texas first responders share winter storm experiences