ETOWAH COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Gadsden/Etowah County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) has announced three positive cases for the coronavirus in Etowah County.
“We are thinking of and praying for these patients, their families and friends also, as they work to recover from the virus,” the EMA said in a press release.
The Alabama Department of Public Health has now confirmed these cases as of 6:45 p.m. Wednesday. These are the first cases in Etowah County.
The EMA is asking citizens to continue to social distance themselves from others and practice doing other tasks to keep themselves from contracting the virus.
- BPD investigating homicide after person found unresponsive on Jefferson Avenue
- Man accused of stabbing, pepper-spraying Louisiana Walmart employees
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- JSU employee tests positive for COVID-19, 3 others exposed
- Take an inside look at how COVID-19 tests are made