ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Two players on the St. Clair County High School football team have tested positive for the coronavirus, causing the team to go into quarantine.
The news of the positive COVID-19 identification was confirmed Tuesday by Superintendent Mike Howard of the St. Clair County School System.
“We are following quarantining protocols by ADPH and have quarantined the team to be safe because of potential exposure,” Howard wrote in an email.
As a result, the team’s next two football games have been canceled.
- Cows take over neighborhood
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting