ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Two players on the St. Clair County High School football team have tested positive for the coronavirus, causing the team to go into quarantine.
The news of the positive COVID-19 identification was confirmed Tuesday by Superintendent Mike Howard of the St. Clair County School System.
“We are following quarantining protocols by ADPH and have quarantined the team to be safe because of potential exposure,” Howard wrote in an email.
As a result, the team’s next two football games have been canceled.
- We tested three toys for toddlers — here is what’s worth buying this holiday season
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab octopus predicts who will win Iron Bowl 2021
- Is it safe for kids to get the flu and COVID vaccines at the same time?
- These are the priciest ZIP codes in the U.S. in 2021, study finds
- Will flight restrictions help as new virus variant emerges?