ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Two players on the St. Clair County High School football team have tested positive for the coronavirus, causing the team to go into quarantine.
The news of the positive COVID-19 identification was confirmed Tuesday by Superintendent Mike Howard of the St. Clair County School System.
“We are following quarantining protocols by ADPH and have quarantined the team to be safe because of potential exposure,” Howard wrote in an email.
As a result, the team’s next two football games have been canceled.
- AEA: ‘Education employees are dying,’ seeks vaccinations
- US virus numbers drop, but race against new strains heats up
- Merck ends development of 2 potential COVID-19 vaccines after poor results
- Trio of Black assistants make history as Bucs coordinators
- Inspector general probes if Justice Department officials tried to overturn election results