HONOLULU, Hawaii (KHON2) — Happy birthday to Carlina Sunio!
She turned 100 years old on Saturday. A huge celebration with family and friends was planned but it had to be reorganized due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, friends and family did a drive-by parade in Ewa Beach Saturday morning to send their well-wishes.
The birthday girl loves to go out shopping, or just anywhere because she does not like to stay home. She has 11 children, 37 grandchildren, 68 great grandchildren, and 27 great-great grandchildren and more on the way.
Among her jobs in the past, she was a long-time cook for Shiro’s Restaurant back in the day when it was located in the Aiea Bowling Center.
- Parents of autistic children push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- New York town of Swastika chooses to keep its name
- Photographer on a quest to capture all of Birmingham’s murals
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station