TOLEDO, Ohio (WDTN) – The President ran through what he considers his list of accomplishments during his first term in office: a strong economy, construction of a border wall, and his handling of tensions in Iran after the killing of Soleimani.
“He was a bad guy, he was a bloodthirsty terror and he’s no longer a terror. He’s dead. Yet, now I see the radical left Democrats have expressed outrage over the termination of this horrible terrorist,” he said.
Vice President Mike Pence was on hand to introduce Trump to a cheering crowd of about eight thousand inside the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo.
At one point during the nearly hour and a half speech, police had to remove a heckler who unfurled a banner.
President Trump applauded a court ruling favorable to the construction of his border wall, and reminded the crowd of a 2016 case involving an illegal immigrant in Lake County.
“Innocent Americans are being brutalized and murdered by illegal alien criminals. As just one example right here in Ohio, the illegal alien who went on a deadly crime spree attempting to rape a 14-year-old girl, then raping and murdering a 60-year-old woman, then shooting another woman who took a shortcut through the park walking with her children, and finally the police came,” he said.
This was President Trump’s first rally of 2020.
- Sen. Doug Jones responds to President Trump’s executive orders
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes across Alabama
- Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- Small plane makes emergency landing on Interstate 59 in Tuscaloosa
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US