MOUNTAIN BROOK, Ala. (WIAT) – Ever since Nike’s famous ad said “It’s gotta be the shoes,” basketball fans have been talking about apparel and its role games. At Mountain Brook High School, it’s a jersey that’s special to the school’s 9th-grade team.
In December, players presented a custom-made jersey to Topher Alexander, the team’s manager. He’s a student with special needs at the school, and players wanted to make him feel like he was part of the team. A mom of one of the players works at Mountain Brook Sporting Goods and had the jersey made. Parents contributed money to pay for it, and players surprised Topher with it one day in the locker room.
For the full story, check out the video above.
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- How eligible people in Jefferson County area can sign up for COVID vaccine
- Monroe County Courthouse named National Historic Landmark