SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) — The Savannah Police Department have arrested a man after finding his dog in a dumpster.
Avery Steven Bulloch was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty Tuesday morning.
At around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, officers were called to the 9100 block of White Bluff Road for a report of someone possibly dragging a dog towards a dumpster and returning without it.
Officers arrived and found the dumpster with the door closed. They found a gray dog, possibly a pit bull, inside. Officers claim the dog’s crate had been thrown on top of the animal, which was visibly malnourished with cuts on its face.
Officers got the dog out of the dumpster and put it in a patrol car where it was given water and treats.
The dog is now in custody of Animal Control.
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Suspect taken into custody after police chase ends in Trafford
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- 2 teens arrested in Selma shootout that killed 3rd teen