TALLAPOOSA COUNTY, Ala. (WRBL) – The Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a Fort Benning soldier in connection to a sex abuse case involving children.
According to investigators, Justin Scott Reed, age 30, of Fort Benning, was arrested on August 27. He has been charged with one count Sexual Abuse, 2nd degree involving an individual under the age of 16 and one count of Sexual Abuse, 2nd degree of a child less than 12 years old.
According to officials the alleged offenses committed by Reed involving the two victims were reported to the Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department in April 2020.
Reed was arrested following an investigation by Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department and the Central Intelligence Division (CID) Army at Fort Benning.
Reed is being held in the Tallapoosa County Jail with a $30,000 bond.
The Tallapoosa Sheriff’s Office say the investigation is on-going.
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Hermitage home
- Alabama Senate candidates talk policy, opponents in exclusive raw interviews
- As US hits highest 7-day average for virus cases, these states are hardest hit
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week