BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Correction: This article incorrectly stated that the restaurant closures resulted from an employee testing positive for COVID-19. It has been updated to reflect that the restaurant closed after an employee came into contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus.
Two restaurants in Birmingham’s Five Points South neighborhood are closing temporarily after an employee came into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
Ocean Restaurant and 5 Point Public House Oyster Bar owner George Reis announced the temporary closure in a Facebook post Thursday morning.
Reis writes that the adjacent restaurants will reopen after “all staff members will be tested and the restaurant will be professionally cleaned and sanitized.”
- Mother, 4 children killed in fire at suburban Chicago home
- How do you do that? (Episode 1): Drew learns to ice skate
- ‘Energy capital of the nation’ reacts to new climate orders; mayor says she’s ‘ready to talk’ to Biden
- US secures indictment against Oath Keeper members over plot to storm US Capitol
- Oregon drivers stuck in snow get soon-to-expire vaccines