Fairview firefighter’s home burns down, thankful for everyone’s support

News

FAIRVIEW, Ala. (WIAT) — An early morning fire destroyed Jordan Canady’s home Sunday.

“I was trying to process whether or not it was on fire or if I was dreaming something,” says Canady. She says she was sleeping on her couch and woke up coughing. When she opened her eyes she realized her trailer was full of smoke and her couch was on fire.

Fairview volunteer Fire Department received the call to a fully engulfed structure fire shortly after 3:30 a.m. Firefighters say the fire started by an electrical fault near the back of the trailer.

Canady has been a firefighter for a little over a year. She says she’s thankful for the community support, and appreciates the firefighters who helped control the blaze. No one was injured.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.