IRONDALE, Ala., (WIAT) — An Irondale resident claims LED lights on his Christmas tree are to blame for a house fire that is a total loss.
Benjamin Warner was one week away from being able to fully insure his house. Warner said a loud noise Wednesday night around 11:30 p.m. woke him up. As he went to check it out, he noticed the blaze. That’s when Warner and his wife quickly escaped. No one was injured.
Warner and his wife have been staying with family and friends since they lost everything. Now, the couple has to start all over.
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Auburn man sentenced for making false statements to FBI about involvement distributing ISIS propaganda
- ‘Dreamer’ worries about DACA with Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- Doug Jones wary of GOP rush to fill SCOTUS vacancy