TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Beginning Monday, people must wear a face mask in public areas around Tuscaloosa.
On June 30, the city council voted unanimously to adopt the ordinance. Failure to comply with the ordinance can result in a $25 fine. However, there are some exceptions to the ordinance, such as children under 2 years old not being required to wear a mask, as well as not being required while eating or drinking. In addition, wearing a mask won’t be necessary if it would jeopardize your personal safety.
The ordinance will stay in effect through Aug. 5.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured