AUSTIN (KXAN) — On Sunday morning, actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson took to Twitter to make a big endorsement, saying he believes Democratic nominee Joe Biden is the “best choice” in the 2020 Presidential Election.
“As a political independent & centrist, I’ve voted for both parties in the past,” Johnson writes. “In this critical presidential election, I’m endorsing Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT.”
The actor also urges everyone in the tweet to register to vote, linking to VoteSaveAmerica.com, an advocacy group that advocates to “save America” during the 2020 Election against the re-election of Pres. Donald Trump.
Johnson, according to an August 2020 Forbes estimate, is the highest-paid actor in the world — coming in with $87.5 million this year.
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown
- Good Samaritan saves kitten frozen to truck tire in Colorado
- White House lists ‘ending the COVID-19 pandemic’ as an accomplishment
- Search underway for missing 16-year-old in Montgomery
- ‘So your husband served?’ Women veterans say service often ‘overlooked’