DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — A Dothan woman is facing a criminal charge for abusing another woman’s child, according to Dothan police.
Dothan Police Lt. Scott Owens said Mariya Clifftianna Stroddart, 19, was taking care of an acquaintance’s 1-year-old child the weekend of Halloween. When the mother got the child back, she noticed bruises on the toddler’s body.
Police looked into who would have been around the child to injure them in such a manner and identified Stroddart as the suspect. Owens said Stroddart is believed to have pushed the child’s head into a bed rail post, slapped the child, and grabbed them by the neck.
The warrant for her arrest was signed Nov. 4, and police eventually located her on Nov. 30. She was charged with willful abuse of a child and has a bond of $15,000.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Dr. Dre released from hospital after brain aneurysm
- Central AL Forecast: Colder Air Returns for the weekend.
- Texas realtor who took private jet to D.C. is charged in Capitol riot
- ADPH reports 130,000 vaccinations administered, still in short supply