(CNN) — We’re getting closer to the end of time, at least according to scientists who evaluate several key factors.
Thursday’s reset of the Doomsday Clock symbolizes growing global concerns. The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists say the Doomsday Clock warns us about how close we are to destroying the Earth.
Midnight on the clock symbolizes the end of the world. And now the hand is hovering just 100 seconds out.
The main factors that determine how close we are to midnight, the threat of nuclear weapons and climate change.
The last time the clock was reset was in 2018 to 11:58 p.m.
- Louisiana-Lafayette snaps UAB’s 21-game home winning streak
- Builder demolishes new Florida home after building too close to neighbor
- New electric Hummer to feature ‘crab walk’ mode
- ‘I was so shocked’: Louisiana parents welcome second set of identical twins
- Everyone in US gets a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series