BROOKSIDE, Ala. (WIAT) — The Brookside Police Department has charged a man with 31 counts of criminal littering for dumping massive amounts of trash around Jefferson County dating back to 2018.
Dubbed the “Diaper Dumper,” the man was taken into custody Oct. 1 for dumping “large amounts of trash, used puppy pads and waste on major roadways,” according to Brookside police.
Brookside mayor and city council approved of undercover night sensor cameras alongside roadways. They were then able to observe the “Diaper Dumper” was involved in 1-2 dumpings per week over the past two years.
The man’s bond was set at $15,500. He has admitted to the crime and apologized to the citizens of Brookside, according to BPD.
He now faces up to $3,000 in fines, 100 hours of picking up litter and an additional $500 fine for dumping urine and fecal matter for each offense.
- Moderna vaccine is most effective against hospitalization from COVID-19, CDC study finds
- COVID-19 is evolving, ‘getting better’ at becoming an airborne virus
- Cottondale restaurant raising funds for employee who died from COVID-19
- Gabby Petito disappearance ‘not related’ to Utah double homicide, police say
- LIVE: Brian Laundrie’s whereabouts unknown as search for Gabby Petito continues