(WIAT) — Across Alabama residents experienced severe weather including damaging winds, heavy rain, and flooding. Certain areas hunkered down as tornado warnings were issued as the storm, referred to as a squall line, breezed through the state upwards of 53 miles per hour.
In the aftermath of the storm, residents are beginning to pick up the pieces, some shared the damage left behind. Here are images of the damage that is affecting parts of Central Alabama.
From Chelsea Park:
From Oxford, Alabama:
Storm damage across the Southeast, including Mississippi:
Do you have any pictures or videos from today’s storm? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @CBS_42!
- Sen. Doug Jones responds to President Trump’s executive orders
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes across Alabama
- Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- Small plane makes emergency landing on Interstate 59 in Tuscaloosa
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US