TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A Northport woman is charged with helping two Tuscaloosa county inmates escape over the weekend.
The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office reports Remona Dailey is charged with two counts of hindering prosecution.
Investigators say Dailey picked up Seth Williams and Cameron Newell on Friday and drove them to a hotel in Tuscaloosa, and then to a Fultondale hotel, where they were captured. Investigators say Williams, Newell and a third inmate, Richard Lancaster escaped through a vent shaft in the jail’s roof.
They are each charged with second-degree escape.
- After fight with co-worker, man calls his father who shoots, injures 2 at Bessemer business
- Texas governor issues mask order to fight coronovirus
- Alabama scuba diver hooked while diving, reeled to the surface
- Legion FC to open season July 15 at BBVA Field with ‘limited’ fans
- Georgia man pleads guilty to threatening schools in 2 states