WINFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — A Winfield City High School teacher is out on bond after being arrested and charged with distributing obscene material to a student.
According to District Attorney Scott Slatton of the 25th Circuit, Winfield police arrested Carrie Jackson Wednesday after conducting an investigation, discovering that Jackson had allegedly sent a nude photo to a Winfield City High School student.
Warrants issued in the case state that Jackson was employed by Winfield City High School. Officers arrested Jackson Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 9:54 a.m. when she turned herself in at the Marion County Jail.
Jackson was placed in the custody of the jail with a $3,000 set bond.
Marion Jail County records indicate that Jackson was later released Thursday, Jan. 16 on bond.
- Congressman’s bill would provide funding to help former inmates re-enter society successfully
- 1 in custody after an ‘active shooter situation’ at a Colorado Walmart
- LIVE UPDATE: Ryan Newman ‘awake and speaking’ in hospital after horrific Daytona 500 crash
- BPD: Man stabbed during robbery, suspect not in custody
- Oak Mountain Eagles are going to the Final Four of AHSAA for first time in school history