WINFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — A Winfield City High School teacher is out on bond after being arrested and charged with distributing obscene material to a student.
According to District Attorney Scott Slatton of the 25th Circuit, Winfield police arrested Carrie Jackson Wednesday after conducting an investigation, discovering that Jackson had allegedly sent a nude photo to a Winfield City High School student.
Warrants issued in the case state that Jackson was employed by Winfield City High School. Officers arrested Jackson Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 9:54 a.m. when she turned herself in at the Marion County Jail.
Jackson was placed in the custody of the jail with a $3,000 set bond.
Marion Jail County records indicate that Jackson was later released Thursday, Jan. 16 on bond.
- Coronavirus: ALEA crews take extra precautions rescuing injured hiker
- Brighton firefighter recovering from presumed COVID-19 case after wife tested positive
- Lincoln High School senior athlete and student banners hung around city
- COVID-19 forcing multiple Northport stores to close
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation