WINFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — A Winfield City High School teacher is out on bond after being arrested and charged with distributing obscene material to a student.
According to District Attorney Scott Slatton of the 25th Circuit, Winfield police arrested Carrie Jackson Wednesday after conducting an investigation, discovering that Jackson had allegedly sent a nude photo to a Winfield City High School student.
Warrants issued in the case state that Jackson was employed by Winfield City High School. Officers arrested Jackson Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 9:54 a.m. when she turned herself in at the Marion County Jail.
Jackson was placed in the custody of the jail with a $3,000 set bond.
Marion Jail County records indicate that Jackson was later released Thursday, Jan. 16 on bond.
- Here’s what has to happen for $1,400 stimulus checks to become reality
- Watch Live: Biden delivers remarks as administration set to purchase millions more COVID-19 vaccine doses
- 14-year-old identified as victim killed in Fultondale storm
- Vanessa Bryant on 1-year anniversary of Kobe and Gianna’s deaths: ‘I will never understand’
- Northport man arrested for sharing child pornography