BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Birmingham Police Department has released the name of a victim who was found wounded and disoriented in a vehicle and later died in Birmingham.
Saturday, August 22, around 2 a.m., Birmingham Police responded to an undisclosed area where a fight occurred. West Precinct officers were told a fight happened in the middle of the roadway.
Police found 31-year-old Demetrius Wright in a vehicle wounded and disoriented. He was transported to UAB Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries, Birmingham PD reports.
Early investigation details indicate the victim, Wright, was involved in a physical altercation with a woman in the roadway when he was fatally wounded. The homicide appears to be domestic in nature, police report.
On Sept. 17, the Birmingham Police Department announced that the case had been reclassified as a justified death investigation.
If there is anyone who has information pertaining to the case, please contact the Birmingham PD Homicide Unit at 205-254-1764 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Family calls for justice after 66-year-old shot, killed in crossfire shooting
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Tuscaloosa bars hope to cash in on Alabama’s first game of the season
- US Senate candidates clash over Supreme Court nomination ahead of election