TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE: The Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit has released images of the possible car the suspect was driving during the time of the shooting. The car is possibly a 2003-2008 Toyota Carolla.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, they are encouraged to contact the Violent Crimes Unit at 205-464-8690 or the Tuscaloosa Police Department at 205-349-2121.
Original Story: Capt. Jack Kennedy of the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit reports that Sunday at approximately 8:20 p.m., the back entrance of a church was shot into.
A small four-door car, described to possibly be marroon or similarly colored, stopped adjacent to the Central Church of Christ located on the 300 block of Hargrove Road in Tuscaloosa. Kennedy states that the occupant fired one round into one of the back entrances of the church then left the scene.
The Tuscaloosa Police Department initially responded to the scene, but the case has since been assumed by the violent crimes unit.
The shooting is under investigation.
If anyone has information related to this incident, they are urged to contact the violent crimes unit at 205-464-8690 or call the Tuscaloosa Police Department at 205-349-2121.
- Apparent Nazi salute photo leads to suspensions in West Virginia Division of Corrections
- Little boy invites his entire kindergarten class to witness his adoption
- Dad hanging Christmas lights dies after fall from roof
- Lawmakers urge passage of new North American trade agreement
- Judge delays decision on Alabama Democratic Party leadership issue