TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Tuscaloosa Police are conducting a homicide investigation after a woman was shot and killed early Sunday morning.
According to Cpt. Jack Kennedy with the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit, at approximately 4 a.m. officers responded to an address off of Poplar Springs Road in northeast Tuscaloosa County.
Kennedy said upon arrival, officers discovered a woman suffering from “visible traumatic injuries.” The victim was 43-year-old Stephanie Sheppard. She was pronounced dead on the scene.
Her husband, 42-year-old James Sheppard, was found and detained by police.
Sheppard admitted to shooting his wife, police said.
Possible motives are under investigation. James Sheppard has been charged with murder and committed to the county jail.
- Central AL Forecast: A beautiful stretch of weather starts today
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- 500,000 sharks might have to die to fight COVID-19, advocacy group says
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate